Have you ever had goosebumps, blushed or gained weight from over indulging from feeling blue?
"You are of value, not driven by stress or situation, and more beautiful than you know."
Then, you already know that the skin-mind connection is strong; you might not realize though, that the skin-self connection is also etched deeply. Psychodermatology is practiced by licensed psychotherapists, dermatologists and psychiatrists, with the common goal of helping clients see the neuroscience behind their skin or body image struggles.
The skin, the largest organ, helps protect us from everything from bacteria to infections, and responses to emotions or the environment can include acne, psoriasis to urticaria(hives). Harvard has supported that the top three vehicles to support skin and body image struggles are as follows, in order of efficiency:
- Meditation & Mindfulness
I have devoted my entire career, spanning over three decades, to helping individuals feel happy in their own skin. My practice has often been 50-70% psychodermatology-focused in the past, with my current focus as being a 100% commitment to helping people feel at least in their skin responses or the response that they have to their skin. My background spans yoga therapy, transpersonal psychology, post graduate work through Harvard Medical School and, diploma's in cosmetology focusing on esthetics and hypnotherapy.
I am using a sacred three-prong botanical-approach (root, stem, bloom) in which to serve as a foundation, with the goal of bringing to surface a movement, of people who are ignited by their life, in awe of themselves and the world around them. The prongs are:
- Self-Esteem and Confidence Building Seminars
- Courses that include solution based strategies, mindfulness & more.
- Community opportunities and interaction
- Integrated programs for diet, emotional mindset and anxiety-reduction
Skincare & Cosmetics
I developed a botanical skincare & make up line that is:
- Gluten free
- Cruelty free
- Paraben free
- Skincare and cosmetics with a conscience.
- Created with the mission of helping each individual feel more beautiful, limitless and alive.
- Interviews with leading psychologists, doctors, authors and coaches
- Commentary, meditations and hypnosis.
- Pāivä Cosmetics instruction, announcements and news.
Take the quick quiz below, and explore how you process how you view your own beauty, tap into your strengths and, feel better about yourself, right now.